ATC run-out detection system
Globally patented in-line sensor measurement device. Prevents processing errors and expensive scrapping of material.
The ATC run-out detection system is is an in-line process monitoring instrument to monitor an abnormal run-out of the tool and prevent any resulting processing errors from occurring.
This abnormal run out can be caused by machining swarf entering the spindle taper via the tool-holder during automatic tool-changing, or from wear or damage on the tool-holder or spindle nose.
Edy current sensor
High precision identification within 5 µm
Simple, subsequent installation into existing machines, plug and play approach
Easy to maintenance and reliable
- Tool holder: BT30, BT40, BT50, HSK40A, HSK63A, KM63, CAT40, CAT50, CAPT etc.
- Workpiece examples: Cylinder blocks, cylinder heads, transmission case, compressor cases, ABS parts, rocker arms, hybrid cases, medical components, fine mechanical components, etc.
- Tool types: Reamers, drilling tools, milling, cutters, etc.
- Up to 32 registered tools
- Cycle time 0.3 seconds (without new measurements)
- Waterproof as standard
Scope of application
he ATC run-out detection system is specifically used in the automotive industry, where high speed processing of soft metals such as aluminium is required. The lighter the chips, the higher the danger that these fly around in the machine and drop between tool holders and the spindles. These problems also occur when processing iron or steel and have led to quality defects and expensive scrapping of material until now.