ATC run-out detection system
Globally patented in-line sensor measurement device. Prevents processing errors and expensive scrapping of material.
The ATC run-out detection system is is an in-line process monitoring instrument to monitor an abnormal run-out of the tool and prevent any resulting processing errors from occurring.
This abnormal run out can be caused by machining swarf entering the spindle taper via the tool-holder during automatic tool-changing, or from wear or damage on the tool-holder or spindle nose.
- High precision identification within 5 µm
- Cycle time 0.3 seconds (without new measurements)
- Simple, subsequent installation into existing machines, plug and play approach
- Easy to maintenance and reliable
- Interface I/O connection automatically notifies the machine control of the problem
- Preventative action taken by the machine control to eliminate scrap parts due to tooling run-out
- Automatic learning-registration of normal run-out of each tool/ tool-holder
- Tool holder: BT30, BT40, BT50, HSK40A, HSK63A, KM63, CAT40, CAT50, CAPT etc.
- Workpiece examples: Cylinder blocks, cylinder heads, transmission case, compressor cases, ABS parts, rocker arms, hybrid cases, medical components, fine mechanical components, etc.
- Tool types: Reamers, drilling tools, milling, cutters, etc.
- Edy current sensor
- Waterproof as standard
Our technicians are more than happy to give you a machine demonstration – contact us for any questions or a demo today
Conventional ATC Runout Detection System
NEW ATC System RD10
- Measurement time of 0.3 seconds at 600rpm with an edy current sensor
- Detection of less than 5µm run-out
- Up to 32 tools can be reigstered
- Operating ambient temperature is 0-40°C
- Measurement time of 0.15 seconds at 2400 rpm
- Detection of less than 3µm run-out
- Up to 100 tools can be registered
- Operating ambient temperature is 0-50°C
- Remote monitoring of status information and measurement data available thanks to Ethernet connection
- Larger display for improved operator experience
Special FANUC and Brother kits
The ATC system can be supplied as a generic system for installation on most machining centres. Specific kits can also be purchased for FANUC Robodrill machines and Brother machines. The kits feature:
- Fast installation via dedicated I/O cable
- Dedicated RPM sensor mounting bracket designed specifically to fit the machine mode
- Utilisation of pre-written machine code to enable registration of tools and monitoring of run-out
- Plug-and-play mounting and integration on the machine in minutes
Scope of application
he ATC run-out detection system is specifically used in the automotive industry, where high speed processing of soft metals such as aluminium is required. The lighter the chips, the higher the danger that these fly around in the machine and drop between tool holders and the spindles. These problems also occur when processing iron or steel and have led to quality defects and expensive scrapping of material until now.